I’ll skip the nutrition lecture this time; I’m fairly certain I’ve talked your ear off about the importance of your food choices and timing by now. Hopefully you’ve been paying attention. Cooking at home is one of the most important and helpful choices you can make to help you clean up your diet. If you make it you can control exactly what does and doesn’t go into your food.
I pack myself all sorts of homemade snacks to have on hand at the gym so that I can get my post workout nutrition. I get tired of eating the same things though, so I’m always looking for new fun recipes to conduct my kitchen experiments. Just last week I was munching on a new, rather sinful looking creation and Maggie asked me “are you allowed to eat that?” I figured I ought to share…
Flourless Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 1/2 cup nut butter of your choice
- 1 ripe medium-sized banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 3 T honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded and squeezed of excess liquid
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a muffin pan by spraying 9 cavities with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for zucchini and chocolate chips to a blender and blend on high until batter is smooth and creamy. Stir in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about ¾ full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.